Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jason Rising

Go down

Jason Rising Empty Jason Rising

Post by jasn88cubs August 13th 2021, 8:45 pm

jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Jason Rising Empty Re: Jason Rising

Post by Dragonfire82877 August 14th 2021, 9:03 pm

It was freaking awesome!! Vey well put together and a nice surprise character that helps out at the end. This with the Never Hike Alone films are keeping this franchise alive and well.
Dragonfire82877
Dragonfire82877
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 15th 2021, 3:59 am

Yup doing a full review gotta rewatch it
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Germaniac August 15th 2021, 7:21 am

It was okay ... I guess. This has to be the fifth or sixth fanfilm of having escaped convicts or armed criminals at Crystal Lake with Police on their trails and half of the characters are holding a gun in those movies! Is this a new trend or something people want to see? I think some filmmakers have the need to insert other antagonists next to Jason in order to justify Jason killing them. The same thing happened to the last two Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies, where Leatherface´s family has a rivaly with another family. Can we have our "bad guys" just be bad and kill innocent people, pleace?
The "cut off dick" really takes you out of the movie and has no place in there.

Visually the fanfilm looks great. We have come a long way from the fanfilms of the earliy 2000s which were made with cheap camcorders. But honestly, some of the older fanlfilms were more original "and had more "heart" than the newer ones. Anyone remember Matt Speases "Jason vs Leatherface" or "Myers vs Jason".? Those were awesome. JoshB´s "Friday the 13th - The revenge" is still my favourite.

It is strange but awesome to see F13alumni making apearances in fanfilms now. First Thom Matthew, then Lauren-Marie Taylor, Vincent Guastaferro, CJ raham and Tom McLoughlin and now another mayor return as well as an audio cameo (which I will not spoil here).
The big return here makes little sense in terms of continuity, just like the appearance of Lauren-Marie Taylor as Vicky in "F13 - Nine Lives" ... but it is still awesome to see and obvioulsy elevates this movie a lot.
Germaniac
No Rank
No Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 15th 2021, 7:28 am

Germaniac wrote:It was okay ... I guess. This has to be the fifth or sixth fanfilm of having escaped convicts or armed criminals at Crystal Lake with Police on their trails. Is this a new trend or something people want to see? I think some filmmakers have the need to insert other antagonists next to Jason in order to justify Jason killing them. The same thing happened to the last two Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies, where Leatherface´s family has a rivaly with another family. Can we have our "bad guys" just be bad and kill innocent people, pleace?
The "cut off dick" really takes you out of the movie and has no place in there.

Visually the fanfilm looks great. We have come a  long way from the fanfilms of the earliy 2000s which were made with cheap camcorders. But honestly, some of the older fanlfilms were more original "and had more "heart" than the newer ones. Anyone remember Matt Speases "Jason vs Leatherface" or "Myers vs Jason".? Those were awesome. JoshB´s "Friday the 13th - The revenge" is still my favourite.

It is strange but awesome to see F13alumni making apearances in fanfilms now.  First Thom Matthew, then Lauren-Marie Taylor and now another mayor return as well as an audio cameo (which I will not spoil here).
The big return here makes little sense in terms of continuity, just like the appearance of Lauren-Marie Taylor as Vicky in "F13 - Nine Lives" ... but it is still awesome to see and obvioulsy elevates this movie a lot.

I hope my Fanfilms will have far more simplicity because seeing all these people get these work out the way they do always motivates me each time.

I was quite "Wtf" at the dick scene tho.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing August 16th 2021, 8:05 am

I watched Jason Rising last night, saw it recommended to me by YouTube lol.

First impressions are: I really dig Jason's look in this film, classic part 4 vibes, one of my favourite designs for him next to part 7. I agree that the cut off dick thing was a big WTF thing.. completely unecssary. Surprised they were allowed to show it uncensored on YouTube, yet the actual movies get gutted by the MPAA..

The kills were pretty good, though one of them I felt was really out of place and didn't look right.. I guess I kinda forget how strong Jason is supposed to be? The ending was quite unexpected, but in a good way, a nice throwback and fanservice. All in all, a pretty decent fanfilm.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 10th 2021, 12:11 pm

SlasherxKing wrote:I watched Jason Rising last night, saw it recommended to me by YouTube lol.

First impressions are: I really dig Jason's look in this film, classic part 4 vibes, one of my favourite designs for him next to part 7. I agree that the cut off dick thing was a big WTF thing..  completely unecssary. Surprised they were allowed to show it uncensored on YouTube, yet the actual movies get gutted by the MPAA..  

The kills were pretty good, though one of them I felt was really out of place and didn't look right.. I guess I kinda forget how strong Jason is supposed to be? The ending was quite unexpected, but in a good way, a nice throwback and fanservice. All in all, a pretty decent fanfilm.

I'll have to finish my full review sometime the film was really good and I sadly watched it at work so I couldnt do it like thag but I'll rewatch it again soon with my full attention.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

SlasherxKing likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing September 11th 2021, 2:25 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
SlasherxKing wrote:I watched Jason Rising last night, saw it recommended to me by YouTube lol.

First impressions are: I really dig Jason's look in this film, classic part 4 vibes, one of my favourite designs for him next to part 7. I agree that the cut off dick thing was a big WTF thing..  completely unecssary. Surprised they were allowed to show it uncensored on YouTube, yet the actual movies get gutted by the MPAA..  

I'll have to finish my full review sometime the film was really good and I sadly watched it at work so I couldnt do it like thag but I'll rewatch it again soon with my full attention.

I look forward to it 👍
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 September 11th 2021, 10:50 pm

Watched this a few weeks ago thought it was very well put together!!!
These guys did a great job with it top notch fan film.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

SlasherxKing likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 13th 2021, 6:02 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:Watched this a few weeks ago thought it was very well put together!!!
These guys did a great job with it top notch fan film.

It's already hinted for a sequel so hell yeah!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play September 27th 2021, 6:51 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:I hope my Fanfilms will have far more simplicity because seeing all these people get these work out the way they do always motivates me each time.

We can never have too many fan films.

How far along are you on conceptualization?
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 27th 2021, 7:48 pm

Fair Play wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:I hope my Fanfilms will have far more simplicity because seeing all these people get these work out the way they do always motivates me each time.

We can never have too many fan films.

How far along are you on conceptualization?

Im still on the basis right now haha.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum