Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on Jason Bloodtrails a short Friday the 13th Fanfilm?

Go down

Thoughts on Jason Bloodtrails a short Friday the 13th Fanfilm? Empty Thoughts on Jason Bloodtrails a short Friday the 13th Fanfilm?

Post by Jason Voorhees October 24th 2021, 10:47 am

What is everyones thoughts on this 5-Minute fanfilm on youtube by 1TakeKenny (Also known as OneTakeKenny)

Lets keep the criticism constructive and honest! Like what did you like and what you didnt like, are just a few things to start off with!

I found this video on Youtube and here is the creators original Reddit Post: Original Jason Bloodtrails Reddit Post.

My Thoughts

For a 5-Min fanfilm, its not as bad as the others.

Ofcourse this isnt a HIGHLY budget film here like most are, the kills werent bad, and the acting wasnt as mediocre as most I've seen on Youtube and yes, Ive seen DOG SHIT level acting fanfilms or not.

Jason: The actor is credited as Jeff May, who played the Jason in this short fanfilm, now listen I know people commonly think anyone who is a Buff guy could play the Jason Voorhees character, but I disagree, and in no shape way or form does this have a negative for him, since the character is just a Silent guy in a Mask, but I just wish to have seen him mimic the Specific Jason used which was a Part 7 Jason, which is Kane Hodders Jason, and as we know the Mannerisms of this Jason, which sadly couldnt be done in such a runtime.

Shirt: The weathering and tears weren't BAD and looked good for its underskin latex with the Ribs and Spine, wished it was alittle bit more Tattered, the chains were actually fairly accurate to the film, but they were abit longer as Part 7 Jason does have short chain links around his neck, its not a major flaw because it doesnt seem they aimed for film accuracy but enough accuracy for their Actor, Jeff May.

Pants: The pants were a big Con for me, it didnt look as tattered and all to weathered from the long shots of the film, or the right color, but the Latex pieces were most def amazing to see, as most either hide the Legs or dont properly have them shown, in their fanfilms.

Hockey Mask: The Part 7 Jason Hockey Mask, is accurate! Most of these Part 7 Fanfilm Hockey Masks are either poorly replicated or chinese knock-offs, but for this film it looks like they went to a professional for their mask and I apprieciate the authencity they wanted for it.

Hood: For the undermask it looks to be by the same person I got my silicone Part 7 from aka Kyle Huculak, which this piece of cosplay IS not easy to afford! And I love it! My only issue is that the Hockey Mask didnt properly fit on it which is a bummer to see.

The Kills werent bad for me, as all these things are again subjective, I personally liked the combat between Jason and the 1st victim, which lead to him showing his "Guts".

DISCLAIMER

All criticism is based on OPINIONS! DO NOT get mad about someone elses viewpoints on subjective film reviews! We arent FILM CRITICS we are just Friday the 13th fans giving our thoughts out.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Jason Bloodtrails a short Friday the 13th Fanfilm? Empty Re: Thoughts on Jason Bloodtrails a short Friday the 13th Fanfilm?

Post by Fair Play October 25th 2021, 12:35 am

It was pretty decent, for only being five minutes.

I am pleased to see so many people passionate enough about the franchise to do their own takes on an F13 experience.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Jason Bloodtrails a short Friday the 13th Fanfilm? Empty Re: Thoughts on Jason Bloodtrails a short Friday the 13th Fanfilm?

Post by Jason Voorhees October 25th 2021, 11:17 pm

Fair Play wrote:It was pretty decent, for only being five minutes.

I am pleased to see so many people passionate enough about the franchise to do their own takes on an F13 experience.

I agree! The love for the franchise is amazing.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum