Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review

Go down

Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review Empty Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review

Post by Jason Voorhees January 20th 2023, 7:35 pm

Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review Vnm10

Disclaimer

This review is NOT about pure hate, overall fanboying, or biased views but A PERSONAL and HONEST perception of the fan film: Victim No More a Friday the 13th fanfilm! The rating system based on this review is based on a scale of 5 stars each point will be given an official rating, and to remind this is my opinion! I AM NOT A ROTTEN TOMATOES CRITIC I AM A FAN OF THE SERIES! I KEEP IT REAL! DO NOT HARASS, BELITTLE, OR MOCK THE PEOPLE BEHIND THESE FAN FILMS! WE SUPPORT ANY/ALL UNLESS SAID OTHERWISE!

Spoilers Alert

THIS REVIEW WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THE FAN FILM KNOWN AS VICTIM NO MORE A FRIDAY THE 13TH! IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SPOILERS DO NOT READ THIS POST BELOW! THIS IS AND WILL ONLY BE YOUR WARNING! SO GO WATCH THE FILM FIRST AND THEN COME BACK AND MAKE UP YOUR OWN REVIEW!

Official Fanfilm

Plot/Summary

IMDB wrote:Robby is a young man whose family members are surviving victims of serial killer Jason Voorhees. He sets out to prove to his loved ones that Voorhees is dead, and that the infamous Crystal Lake campgrounds are now safe.

It's always something new when you involve "Loved ones" especially in a horror series, and with Never Hike in the Snow we can see the effects that Jason has over the people and town, and this fanfilm also explores that concept of what Trauma is and what it can do to people and that Robby just wanted his family to feel normal, to prove to them once and for all that the infamous killer is no longer a thing and well we can clearly see that uh he wasn't right this time for at least now haha! overall the story is worth exploring for a sequel as well! (Hint, Hint Bob!)

My Rating: Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review S511 5 out of 5 Stars for me! this is ranked high because its something that can be expanded upon not just from a PTSD standpoint.

Acting

Overall the acting was not as bad as the majority of the fan films on the internet, and I enjoyed Hans Hendrickson (Robby) performance, it wasn't forced or him attempting it felt natural for him to be doing this and that's what makes a film worth watching!

I do hope we get a sequel to this fan film and not just a "one-shot" the cast wasn't disliking from my point of view and you didn't have to feel bored when watching them, and also I would love to see more development of the end-scene characters, and more about who else is still kicking it in the small town of camp crystal lake.

My Rating: Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review S511 5 out of 5 stars! the acting wasn't forced or cringy!

Action

Now, this was a bigger debate for me and I think a lot would agree with me sadly!

The action near the end was awesome but mid-way through we didn't get a lot of action we got a cool choreographic chase scene, and three kills which were upsetting since it is a 40 min film and I am sure if they had a bigger budget/time I am sure they could have added more to the film, overall the whole "Set-Up Jason" at the end was just something we have never seen other than the official movies namely Jason Goes to Hell the final Friday where the FBI set Jason up BUT for this fan-film its a group of what is best described as "Femme fatales" who come out to save Robby they all have guns and melee weapons to help counter Jason himself! so summary Early on? no need for action! mid-way? Hmmm and the end scene? oh hell yeah! and I must add I do love the fact someone did try to fight Jason even if it was a one-sided fight!

My Rating: Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review S311 It's a 3 out of 5 for me! the end scene is what also makes it worth watching not just because of the amazing Jason actor and the cast but because it's something new!!

Jason Voorhees Actor

The fanon Jason actor for this fan film is James Taffurelli who I must personally give some very humble credit and respect to because usually, people like to oversell the Part 7 Jason behavior (aka the head tilt/breathing) but he didn't he went in and performed like a Part 6 meets Part 7, and he didn't have to overperform when we can see he clearly didn't want to mimic any official actor but to make this version of Jason his own!

His Height?  Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review 2705
His build? Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review 2705
His movement? Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review 2705

I have no legitimate critique for him in terms of his performance! just like with Vincente DiSanti these two men have made their own mark for their own Jason/Film series! and I see I have a rival in as a future Part 7 Jason actor myself! so I hope to see him in the costume again!

My Rating: Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review S511 5 out of 5 stars!

Jason Voorhees Design

Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review Vnmj10
Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review Vnmjas10

Ricky Vitus did an amazing job with the special effects and did more amazing on the appliances of this Jason! I don't know if he did the clothing pieces but the clothing looks absolutely well-cut and made! whoever decided to put a sackhead over a Part 7 Jason attire needs applause because I haven't even thought of such a combo!

As everyone can see it's a Part 7 Jason design with a sackhead mask from Part 2! A homage to the late great Steve Dash! this is some next-level homage that I love to see in a fan-film! I honestly can't tell if they are using silicone or latex pieces and it's honestly worth guessing! the only thing I could say that is "bad" is the fact we never got a face reveal to see what the sculpt underneath looked like if there was any!

My Rating: Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review S511 5 out of 5 stars!

Kills

As everyone knows I am a horror fan who loves to see a body count! I love the blood n gore of it all! Sadly the fan-film only has 3 kills for us to work with!

The 1st Kill reminds me of Shelly aka the prankster, with the 180 neck snap also makes it looks good! reminds of FvJ
The 2nd Kill was very generic in a slasher film where the slasher stabs someone from behind.
The 3rd Kill was something unique where jason uses a piece of his own bone to kill someone after they ripped off his rib.

Overall the kills weren't graphic and it was likely due to budget which again I never blame people for in these fanfilms but overall none of them truly made me feel they were super original which isn't always bad.

My Rating: Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review S311 3 out of 5 stars! Body count wasn't high but at least we got something to stack on for a hopeful sequel!

Pros n Cons

Pros:
  • Great Jason Design
  • Great Special Effects
  • Homage to the series
  • Movie tropes we know
  • Great camera quality/cinematography
  • Very above-average acting
  • Tribute to Steve Dash
  • No Necronomicon needed

Cons:
  • Very Low Body count
  • Low run-time
  • Lack of more development (namely those who suffered)

Verdict

This fan film gets a 4.2 Star rating! Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review S411 overall to me it's definitely worth the time and watch even if it was 40 minutes long and I do hope to see that Bob and James collabs again to give us a new F13 fan film and hopefully as a sequel to Victim No More!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review Empty Re: Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review

Post by ThePunisher January 21st 2023, 7:47 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review Vnm10

Disclaimer

This review is NOT about pure hate, overall fanboying, or biased views but A PERSONAL and HONEST perception of the fan film: Victim No More a Friday the 13th fanfilm! The rating system based on this review is based on a scale of 5 stars each point will be given an official rating, and to remind this is my opinion! I AM NOT A ROTTEN TOMATOES CRITIC I AM A FAN OF THE SERIES! I KEEP IT REAL! DO NOT HARASS, BELITTLE, OR MOCK THE PEOPLE BEHIND THESE FAN FILMS! WE SUPPORT ANY/ALL UNLESS SAID OTHERWISE!

Spoilers Alert

THIS REVIEW WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THE FAN FILM KNOWN AS VICTIM NO MORE A FRIDAY THE 13TH! IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SPOILERS DO NOT READ THIS POST BELOW! THIS IS AND WILL ONLY BE YOUR WARNING! SO GO WATCH THE FILM FIRST AND THEN COME BACK AND MAKE UP YOUR OWN REVIEW!

Official Fanfilm

Plot/Summary

IMDB wrote:Robby is a young man whose family members are surviving victims of serial killer Jason Voorhees. He sets out to prove to his loved ones that Voorhees is dead, and that the infamous Crystal Lake campgrounds are now safe.

It's always something new when you involve "Loved ones" especially in a horror series, and with Never Hike in the Snow we can see the effects that Jason has over the people and town, and this fanfilm also explores that concept of what Trauma is and what it can do to people and that Robby just wanted his family to feel normal, to prove to them once and for all that the infamous killer is no longer a thing and well we can clearly see that uh he wasn't right this time for at least now haha! overall the story is worth exploring for a sequel as well! (Hint, Hint Bob!)

My Rating: Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review S511 5 out of 5 Stars for me! this is ranked high because its something that can be expanded upon not just from a PTSD standpoint.

Acting

Overall the acting was not as bad as the majority of the fan films on the internet, and I enjoyed Hans Hendrickson (Robby) performance, it wasn't forced or him attempting it felt natural for him to be doing this and that's what makes a film worth watching!

I do hope we get a sequel to this fan film and not just a "one-shot" the cast wasn't disliking from my point of view and you didn't have to feel bored when watching them, and also I would love to see more development of the end-scene characters, and more about who else is still kicking it in the small town of camp crystal lake.

My Rating: Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review S511 5 out of 5 stars! the acting wasn't forced or cringy!

Action

Now, this was a bigger debate for me and I think a lot would agree with me sadly!

The action near the end was awesome but mid-way through we didn't get a lot of action we got a cool choreographic chase scene, and three kills which were upsetting since it is a 40 min film and I am sure if they had a bigger budget/time I am sure they could have added more to the film, overall the whole "Set-Up Jason" at the end was just something we have never seen other than the official movies namely Jason Goes to Hell the final Friday where the FBI set Jason up BUT for this fan-film its a group of what is best described as "Femme fatales" who come out to save Robby they all have guns and melee weapons to help counter Jason himself! so summary Early on? no need for action! mid-way? Hmmm and the end scene? oh hell yeah! and I must add I do love the fact someone did try to fight Jason even if it was a one-sided fight!

My Rating: Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review S311 It's a 3 out of 5 for me! the end scene is what also makes it worth watching not just because of the amazing Jason actor and the cast but because it's something new!!

Jason Voorhees Actor

The fanon Jason actor for this fan film is James Taffurelli who I must personally give some very humble credit and respect to because usually, people like to oversell the Part 7 Jason behavior (aka the head tilt/breathing) but he didn't he went in and performed like a Part 6 meets Part 7, and he didn't have to overperform when we can see he clearly didn't want to mimic any official actor but to make this version of Jason his own!

His Height?  Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review 2705
His build? Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review 2705
His movement? Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review 2705

I have no legitimate critique for him in terms of his performance! just like with Vincente DiSanti these two men have made their own mark for their own Jason/Film series! and I see I have a rival in as a future Part 7 Jason actor myself! so I hope to see him in the costume again!

Jason Voorhees Design

Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review Vnmj10
Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review Vnmjas10

Ricky Vitus did an amazing job with the special effects and did more amazing on the appliances of this Jason! I don't know if he did the clothing pieces but the clothing looks absolutely well-cut and made! whoever decided to put a sackhead over a Part 7 Jason attire needs applause because I haven't even thought of such a combo!

As everyone can see it's a Part 7 Jason design with a sackhead mask from Part 2! A homage to the late great Steve Dash! this is some next-level homage that I love to see in a fan-film! I honestly can't tell if they are using silicone or latex pieces and it's honestly worth guessing! the only thing I could say that is "bad" is the fact we never got a face reveal to see what the sculpt underneath looked like if there was any!

Kills

As everyone knows I am a horror fan who loves to see a body count! I love the blood n gore of it all! Sadly the fan-film only has 3 kills for us to work with!

The 1st Kill reminds me of Shelly aka the prankster, with the 180 neck snap also makes it looks good! reminds of FvJ
The 2nd Kill was very generic in a slasher film where the slasher stabs someone from behind.
The 3rd Kill was something unique where jason uses a piece of his own bone to kill someone after they ripped off his rib.

Overall the kills weren't graphic and it was likely due to budget which again I never blame people for in these fanfilms but overall none of them truly made me feel they were super original which isn't always bad.

My Rating: Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review S311 3 out of 5 stars! Body count wasn't high but at least we got something to stack on for a hopeful sequel!

Pros n Cons

Pros:
  • Great Jason Design
  • Great Special Effects
  • Homage to the series
  • Movie tropes we know
  • Great camera quality/cinematography
  • Very above-average acting
  • Tribute to Steve Dash
  • No Necronomicon needed

Cons:
  • Very Low Body count
  • Low run-time
  • Lack of more development (namely those who suffered)

Verdict

This fan film gets a 4.2 Star rating! Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review S411 overall to me it's definitely worth the time and watch even if it was 40 minutes long and I do hope to see that Bob and James collabs again to give us a new F13 fan film and hopefully as a sequel to Victim No More!

I agree with your review. I think the film WAS well made. I'd like to see if a sequel could be made here, but you might call me greedy on that.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review Empty Re: Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review

Post by Jason Voorhees January 21st 2023, 7:52 am

ThePunisher wrote:I agree with your review.  I think the film WAS well made.  I'd like to see if a sequel could be made here, but you might call me greedy on that.

We both would be greedy! I am very much hoping for a sequel from this team!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher January 21st 2023, 1:30 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:I agree with your review.  I think the film WAS well made.  I'd like to see if a sequel could be made here, but you might call me greedy on that.

A little more action and a higher body count would be great.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees January 21st 2023, 2:51 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

A little more action and a higher body count would be great.

Cant go wrong with that suggestion! Victim No More (Friday the 13th Fan Film) Review 1f608
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 15th 2024, 10:30 pm

Confirmation! There is a sequel for the fan film titled: Loose Ends - Victim No More Part 2 🥳
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum