Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Problem with Underworld: Evolution

Go down

Do you agree with me or disagree?

Agreed

Disagree

View results

My Problem with Underworld: Evolution  Empty My Problem with Underworld: Evolution

Post by Jason Voorhees July 14th 2023, 5:43 pm

I know for a fact that some, few, or somehow majority would agree with me when I say that this movie suffered badly from them just killing off the strongest known species.

Marcus Corvinus was basically the STRONGEST vampire there was, he was capable of overpowering Selene who was well-fed and outright handling Michael Corvinus aka the Hybrid in a unfair given tag-team.

William Corvinus was by far THE strongest Werwolve/Lycan of his species (regardless of the future films and I will explain.)

Both these brothers could have used a proper Part 2 sequel that actually gave them their proper showings as both are the strongest as the Originals.

Marcus had it all, Knowledge through the ages, the fighting capabilities as both Vampire and Human, and then he had the superior form as no other vampire had his transformation whatsoever, and then outta nowhere? Selene?! Just outright gets him? Nah that's just bad writing...it could have been a easy draw with her suffering a injury and him flying off!

William just from his sad short appearance and then his appearance in backstories was a legitimate monster as a Werewolf (yes...there's a difference as stated in the movies from the 1st Gen to the 2nd Gen) and with this?! This was honestly the WORSE writing to even kill William and let me explain!

William had been going on a killing spree throughout the lands for 600+ years and this wasn't just a testimonial to his stamina/endurance but his power and 800+ years later after being imprisoned he was STILL at his peak as if 800+ years never even touched him! He stood in a tomb without feeding and drinking!

If anyone seen the movie William was FASTER, STRONGER, AND MORE AGILE! This beast of a Werewolve killed some of the highest trained vampires who could kill basic lycans with ease due to their ages and he managed to overpower them and outsmart them not knowing of what Guns are capable of and even went toe to toe with Selene for a brief moment and WON!

Now...how does Michael get ANY advantage over him in the climax to even rip off his head!? This always bothered me watching this movie like "So they showed off the strongest peak species and then jobber them for the main characters?"

This is what I believe that could have made the future films more entertaining because Marcus and William joining side by side and hunting down their Great-Grand Nephew and his Lover is something I would have properly enjoyed! A Part 2 would have done this franchise more justice!

Both were Beasts and were badly jobber for no reason! William should have been ragdolling Michael casually in a fight!

Anyone else who agrees? And if you disagree also comment!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

My Problem with Underworld: Evolution  Empty Re: My Problem with Underworld: Evolution

Post by OCT 31 1978 July 16th 2023, 11:59 am

I like the first couple of films the rest stumble quite a bit, I also like rise of the Lycans.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

My Problem with Underworld: Evolution  Empty Re: My Problem with Underworld: Evolution

Post by Jason Voorhees July 16th 2023, 12:54 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:I like the first couple of films the rest stumble quite a bit, I also like rise of the Lycans.

Yeah they stumbled hard the last one could have been plotted ALOT better.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by t8mc November 8th 2023, 2:18 pm

Was the third one the one set in the past? That was good. I can't really buy into tiny little Michael Sheen as a badass werewolf leader though.
t8mc
t8mc
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees November 8th 2023, 2:32 pm

t8mc wrote:Was the third one the one set in the past?  That was good.  I can't really buy into tiny little Michael Sheen as a badass werewolf leader though.

Yup the 3rd film was the birth of Lycans (aka the 2nd Gen from/forms of Werewolves)

Tiny? Like in his build or his height haha.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum