Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evil Dead The Game End of Content

Go down

Evil Dead the Game End of Content Empty Evil Dead The Game End of Content

Post by Jason Voorhees September 21st 2023, 2:08 pm

Evil Dead the Game End of Content Fb_img27

Honestly saddening to see this game no longer getting content it's been out for 1 year and 3 months...this is surely a small lifespan for a multiplayer game like this with a big community fanbase for an existing IP.

Now people shouldn't be toxic towards Saber Interactive because here is multiple reasons below of why this could or have had happen to end content so early in the games lifespan.

Reasonings

Reason 1: End of Lease Contracts are a THING this is where a set limitation is given from the license holders to whoever produced the content. (Think of Friday the 13th Killer Puzzle or even Friday the 13th the Game)

Reason 2: Revoked License and now this could be another possibility that the people who hold the rights have revoked the license contract and then Saber was forced to immediately cease content creation.

Reason 3: More opinionated but it could also be due to the community itself which can be toxic as anyone knows by now and it would be understandable given the last decades of fans bashing, harassing, and threatening these companies.

Other Possibilities?

Could be due to another business gaining the rights to the license? I mean they just announced Ash Williams (Hopefully voiced by Bruce Campbell himself.) is going to be an Operator in the upcoming Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Season 6 line-up.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Evil Dead the Game End of Content Empty Re: Evil Dead The Game End of Content

Post by OCT 31 1978 September 21st 2023, 5:39 pm

Sucks bro but unfortunately this is not unheard of for IP’s like this…….. at least we got a game for this franchise to begin with….. and has been fun while it’s lasted…..
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 21st 2023, 5:49 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:Sucks bro but unfortunately this is not unheard of for IP’s like this…….. at least we got a game for this franchise to begin with….. and has been fun while it’s lasted…..

Yup!! It's a good game with a cool idea but this definitely put the nail in the coffin for them.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie September 21st 2023, 11:28 pm

Now, as somebody whose played this game pretty much every day since it launched, I do feel it's fair to throw some shade at Saber here for the way the handled this situation over the past year. The biggest gripe the playerbase has with the studio is the absolute lack of transparency and communication with the fanbase for almost a year now. While I do feel that the problems with Saber's parent company Embracer group getting into finical trouble and gutting a lot of their subsidiaries probably wound up affecting Evil Dead, that still doesn't excuse the non-cholent way Saber has been dealing with the fanbase. It really started to feel like the developers simply lost interest in the property and decided they didn't want to continue developing the game.

Now to be fair, Evil Dead the Game was a ridiculously difficult game to license. MGM owned distribution rights to ED 1, Renaissance for EVD 2, Universal for AOD, Sony the remake, Starz for the AVED series, and WB for Evil Dead Rise. That's six differen't contracts that had to be drafted to use the characters from each movie, with everybody taking a piece of the pie. I'm kind of amazed they managed to get all the licensing deals for the first five. It wasn't like with F13 where Gunn only really had to work with Horror Inc. The game also was very difficult to balance because of the unique nature of demon play. I found it fun, but it was a required taste, and most players would give up on it half way through their first try. This led the game to become pretty much a war between survivor swat squads and highly skilled demon players... Making the game difficult for new players to get into, and alienating casual players who just want to have fun.

Still, I don't think any of these excuse the blasé attitude Saber has displayed towards Evil Dead since the start of the year. The writing has been on the wall since February that Saber was less and less interested in continuing with it. I know Gun did it's share of sus things leading up to the end of content for F13, but at least they tried their best to do right by players by keeping the dedicated severs up long after content ended, and leaving the P2P servers up for years longer then they ever had too. Unfortunately Saber seems to be going in the opposite direction, wanting to wipe their hands of the game as quickly as possible.

I still enjoy Evil Dead... Plan to keep playing until they shut the servers down. It's a shame I never got to find that fun group to play with like I did for F13, so it is what is it.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 September 23rd 2023, 9:08 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Now, as somebody whose played this game pretty much every day since it launched, I do feel it's fair to throw some shade at Saber here for the way the handled this situation over the past year. The biggest gripe the playerbase has with the studio is the absolute lack of transparency and communication with the fanbase for almost a year now. While I do feel that the problems with Saber's parent company Embracer group getting into finical trouble and gutting a lot of their subsidiaries probably wound up affecting Evil Dead, that still doesn't excuse the non-cholent way Saber has been dealing with the fanbase. It really started to feel like the developers simply lost interest in the property and decided they didn't want to continue developing the game.

Now to be fair, Evil Dead the Game was a ridiculously difficult game to license. MGM owned distribution rights to ED 1, Renaissance for EVD 2, Universal for AOD, Sony the remake, Starz for the AVED series, and WB for Evil Dead Rise. That's six differen't contracts that had to be drafted to use the characters from each movie, with everybody taking a piece of the pie. I'm kind of amazed they managed to get all the licensing deals for the first five. It wasn't like with F13 where Gunn only really had to work with Horror Inc. The game also was very difficult to balance because of the unique nature of demon play. I found it fun, but it was a required taste, and most players would give up on it half way through their first try. This led the game to become pretty much a war between survivor swat squads and highly skilled demon players... Making the game difficult for new players to get into, and alienating casual players who just want to have fun.

Still, I don't think any of these excuse the blasé attitude Saber has displayed towards Evil Dead since the start of the year. The writing has been on the wall since February that Saber was less and less interested in continuing with it. I know Gun did it's share of sus things leading up to the end of content for F13, but at least they tried their best to do right by players by keeping the dedicated severs up long after content ended, and leaving the P2P servers up for years longer then they ever had too. Unfortunately Saber seems to be going in the opposite direction, wanting to wipe their hands of the game as quickly as possible.

I still enjoy Evil Dead... Plan to keep playing until they shut the servers down. It's a shame I never got to find that fun group to play with like I did for F13, so it is what is it.

I think you 💯 spot on with your assessment of the situation and the handling of this property the fact they they were able to put as much into the game is a blessing and the curse I think caused the end of content as well.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

I'm Not a Goalie and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 24th 2023, 5:01 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Now, as somebody whose played this game pretty much every day since it launched, I do feel it's fair to throw some shade at Saber here for the way the handled this situation over the past year. The biggest gripe the playerbase has with the studio is the absolute lack of transparency and communication with the fanbase for almost a year now. While I do feel that the problems with Saber's parent company Embracer group getting into finical trouble and gutting a lot of their subsidiaries probably wound up affecting Evil Dead, that still doesn't excuse the non-cholent way Saber has been dealing with the fanbase. It really started to feel like the developers simply lost interest in the property and decided they didn't want to continue developing the game.

Now to be fair, Evil Dead the Game was a ridiculously difficult game to license. MGM owned distribution rights to ED 1, Renaissance for EVD 2, Universal for AOD, Sony the remake, Starz for the AVED series, and WB for Evil Dead Rise. That's six differen't contracts that had to be drafted to use the characters from each movie, with everybody taking a piece of the pie. I'm kind of amazed they managed to get all the licensing deals for the first five. It wasn't like  with F13 where Gunn only really had to work with Horror Inc. The game also was very difficult to balance because of the unique nature of demon play. I found it fun, but it was a required taste, and most players would give up on it half way through their first try. This led the game to become pretty much a war between survivor swat squads and highly skilled demon players... Making the game difficult for new players to get into, and alienating casual players who just want to have fun.

Its absolutely insane yeah! I still can't believe they weren't communicating with the fanbase as they should but man I wished this game had more content for us gamers to even enjoy! Sad that Evil Dead Rise won't be added to the Game.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

I'm Not a Goalie and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie September 24th 2023, 9:13 pm

[quote="Jason Voorhees"]
I'm Not a Goalie wrote:

Its absolutely insane yeah! I still can't believe they weren't communicating with the fanbase as they should but man I wished this game had more content for us gamers to even enjoy! Sad that Evil Dead Rise won't be added to the Game.

Yeah it sucks. Personally, I'm pleased with the amount of content we received, though I would've loved a couple more maps, and maybe a horde mode instead of that failed half-assed fortnight mode that nobody plays. I also would've liked to see an overhaul to the AI modes so that they're worth playing for people who still like the game if Saber does shut the servers down in a few months.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees October 5th 2023, 8:10 am

I'm Not a GoalieI'm Not a Goalie wrote:maybe a horde mode instead of that failed half-assed fortnight mode that nobody plays.

PREACH!!!!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia October 27th 2023, 5:42 am

Sad to see it’s ending but I’m glad it had a good run and maybe we will get a new Evil Dead game sooner rather than later.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum