Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saw X

Go down

Saw X Empty Saw X

Post by ThePunisher September 26th 2023, 5:25 pm

Is anyone planning on seeing this? I gave up around Saw 6.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Saw X Empty Re: Saw X

Post by I'm Not a Goalie September 26th 2023, 9:22 pm

The series has always been hit or miss after the first one, but after a while they all started to run together for me. I know Tobin Bell's voice makes those films, but I do feel like the franchises inability to move away from him has caused problems. Saw is a series very much grounded in reality, so the rules for suspending your disbelief are differen't than say Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street. It just became too hard for me to believe that this guy has been dead for most of the franchise and still had enough victims picked out and dark abandoned places to set traps in to span ten movies now. And all of the apprentices... 😑 Jigsaw having help to carry on his work makes sense, but to have so many including doctors and detectives no less... You now it's harder to keep a good conspiracy going with the more people who know about it. I remember when Cary Ewles walked in on the survivor support meeting, in whatever sequel he was in... Like I said, they run together, I think exactly five people were surprised to find out he was working on Jigsaw's behalf too... It was that convoluted mess that slowly started to turn me off from the series.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher September 27th 2023, 6:54 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:The series has always been hit or miss after the first one, but after a while they all started to run together for me. I know Tobin Bell's voice makes those films, but I do feel like the franchises inability to move away from him has caused problems. Saw is a series very much grounded in reality, so the rules for suspending your disbelief are differen't than say Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street. It just became too hard for me to believe that this guy has been dead for most of the franchise and still had enough victims picked out and dark abandoned places to set traps in to span ten movies now. And all of the apprentices... 😑 Jigsaw having help to carry on his work makes sense, but to have so many including doctors and detectives no less... You now it's harder to keep a good conspiracy going with the more people who know about it. I remember when Cary Ewles walked in on the survivor support meeting, in whatever sequel he was in... Like I said, they run together, I think exactly five people were surprised to find out he was working on Jigsaw's behalf too... It was that convoluted mess that slowly started to turn me off from the series.

You've hit on something that resonates with me. How could you possibly know so much about so many people and setup all these traps knowing your intended victim would walk right into them every single time?

Tobin Bell DOES make the franchise. He's also played a LOT of weird characters in plenty of movies and TV shows. I'm sure he gets tons of scripts to look over.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 29th 2023, 3:15 pm

I love Tobin Bell but I still don't know how to feel about this new movie...it seems like its the 2nd film in the series to do a prequel to events and I honestly don't know how to feel about that plotline.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher September 29th 2023, 6:41 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:I love Tobin Bell but I still don't know how to feel about this new movie...it seems like its the 2nd film in the series to do a prequel to events and I honestly don't know how to feel about that plotline.

Is this franchise running out of steam????
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by t8mc November 8th 2023, 2:04 pm

I like the Saw series, as hit and miss as it is.

Saw X is pretty good. Tobin being the main focus gives it a bit more weight and it feels better produced than some of the others. The ending sucks though. Up until then it great but it really fumbles it at the end. I hope they make more. The highs are worth the lows in that series. Even when the lows get as low as Saw 7.
t8mc
t8mc
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees November 8th 2023, 2:27 pm

I haven't had any time sadly but I will watch it and post my opinion here for everyone else lol.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum