Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Has AMC FearFest 2023 Been So Far?

Go down

How Has AMC FearFest 2023 Been So Far? Empty How Has AMC FearFest 2023 Been So Far?

Post by Trekapedia October 27th 2023, 5:50 am

I don’t have cable or satellite and haven’t for a few years now. Wanted to ask what everyone’s opinions and feelings have been towards AMC FearFest been so far? I’ve heard it’s been ok. It must be doing well because first, it’s going for an entire month. Well, actually, it’s been more than a month because it unofficially started in September I heard.

Secondly, if it wasn’t still doing amazing ratings, they’d had just shifted it entirely over to Shudder and done everything on there.

Plus, they recruited Joe Bob Briggs and Darcy from what I heard to do some stuff for them, though AMC showing the censored cut of John Carpenter’s Halloween makes me think they’re just relying on the old tv showings they’ve done for years and don’t want to pay for a new cut. Same with the original Friday The 13th movie. They show a ton on the Walking Dead spin-offs but censor the heck out of movies that they could easily show with very little censoring nowadays. Just bizarre.

I am glad FearFest is still going and that they’re including Shudder though it makes me wonder why they don’t put some of the movies like the Friday The 13th ones and other ones like the Halloween movies they don’t normally stream up on Shudder for the month. That would be really good advertising and they could use it to say “if you like this, check out AMC Network” and vice versa.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

How Has AMC FearFest 2023 Been So Far? Empty Re: How Has AMC FearFest 2023 Been So Far?

Post by jasn88cubs October 27th 2023, 6:30 am

haven;t paid to much attention to it but from what I have seen there's more variety

What gets me is none of the channels is showing th eoriginal Child's Play but is showing the remake or sequels
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

How Has AMC FearFest 2023 Been So Far? Empty Re: How Has AMC FearFest 2023 Been So Far?

Post by I'm Not a Goalie October 28th 2023, 6:32 pm

Trekapedia wrote:I don’t have cable or satellite and haven’t for a few years now. Wanted to ask what everyone’s opinions and feelings have been towards AMC FearFest been so far? I’ve heard it’s been ok. It must be doing well because first, it’s going for an entire month. Well, actually, it’s been more than a month because it unofficially started in September I heard.

Secondly, if it wasn’t still doing amazing ratings, they’d had just shifted it entirely over to Shudder and done everything on there.

Plus, they recruited Joe Bob Briggs and Darcy from what I heard to do some stuff for them, though AMC showing the censored cut of John Carpenter’s Halloween makes me think they’re just relying on the old tv showings they’ve done for years and don’t want to pay for a new cut. Same with the original Friday The 13th movie. They show a ton on the Walking Dead spin-offs but censor the heck out of movies that they could easily show with very little censoring nowadays. Just bizarre.

I am glad FearFest is still going and that they’re including Shudder though it makes me wonder why they don’t put some of the movies like the Friday The 13th ones and other ones like the Halloween movies they don’t normally stream up on Shudder for the month. That would be really good advertising and they could use it to say “if you like this, check out AMC Network” and vice versa.

Fun Fact, if you sign up for AMC+, you can actually Stream the ACM broadcast of their Fearfest lineup. No Cable or Satellite necessary. You can't rewind or pause the programming which is annoying, but you can watch whatever's on the schedule at that time.

Overall, AMC+ has been a bit of a letdown for me. Other than their original Shows, the majority of their movie library is just what you can find normally on Shudder. They don't have an interface to distinguish what is exclusive
to AMC+... I dunno, it' just feels weird. It feels like I'm paying for Shudder twice.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie October 28th 2023, 6:42 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:haven;t paid to much attention to it but from what I have seen there's more variety

What gets me is none of the channels is showing th eoriginal Child's Play but is showing the remake or sequels

Child's Play is currently streaming on Max. The rights for the original are owned by MGM, which they still hold onto, but they sold the rights to make any future movies to Universal who now owns the distribution rights to the rest of the franchise. That's why they're so hard to find in one place.

This is also why every movie after Child's Play 3 has Chucky in the title, as they could no longer use the Child's Play Moniker. (Kind of like New Like Couldn't Use Friday the 13th for JGTH, X, and FVJ since Paramount still owned the title) It's also why the reboot was able to use the Child's Play as title it was produced through United Artists which is a subsidiary of MGM.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia October 29th 2023, 10:01 pm

The only reason I was gonna sign up last year for AMC+ was to watch Doctor Who. It’s off there now and is on Disney Plus soon so that helped me to decide to pass on AMC+.

Just saw the schedule of what they aired so far. They seriously didn’t show any of the Paramount Friday The 13th movies except for the remake? Wow that’s the first time in awhile I can remember them not showing them the Paramount ones. I would’ve said it’s due to them being on Max, but so are the A Nightmare On Elm Street movies and they showed those from the schedule I saw.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie October 30th 2023, 1:52 am

Trekapedia wrote:The only reason I was gonna sign up last year for AMC+ was to watch Doctor Who. It’s off there now and is on Disney Plus soon so that helped me to decide to pass on AMC+.

Just saw the schedule of what they aired so far. They seriously didn’t show any of the Paramount Friday The 13th movies except for the remake? Wow that’s the first time in awhile I can remember them not showing them the Paramount ones. I would’ve said it’s due to them being on Max, but so are the A Nightmare On Elm Street movies and they showed those from the schedule I saw.

All of the New Line Produced Movies are part of Fear Fest but the Paramount 8 are absent. Horror Inc. likes to package those two groups of movies separately for some odd reason. They're not on SyFy this year either, which they were last year, so my best guess in Warner/Discovery wanted to keep some of their library of films exclusive to Max. There's no way Friday isn't part of one of those lineups unless the rights just weren't for sale this year... Or the Price Was Just too High. Cable TV is in a lot of trouble in general right now.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia October 30th 2023, 1:35 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
Trekapedia wrote:The only reason I was gonna sign up last year for AMC+ was to watch Doctor Who. It’s off there now and is on Disney Plus soon so that helped me to decide to pass on AMC+.

All of the New Line Produced Movies are part of Fear Fest but the Paramount 8 are absent. Horror Inc. likes to package those two groups of movies separately for some odd reason. They're not on SyFy this year either, which they were last year, so my best guess in Warner/Discovery wanted to keep some of their library of films exclusive to Max. There's no way Friday isn't part of one of those lineups unless the rights just weren't for sale this year... Or the Price Was Just too High. Cable TV is in a lot of trouble in general right now.

Yup I swear cable tv will be gone as we know it within about 5 years. Either a bunch of channels will just shut down or the providers will have to change their model as they know it.

Yeah the original Paramount 8 not being on is weird. If they hadn’t gone to AMC FearFest, then I would’ve thought a network like Syfy would’ve grabbed them. Since they didn’t, maybe it’s because WB Discovery wanted to keep it exclusive to Max since I know they’re on there. Then again, so is Jason Goes To Hell so this business model is just bizarre lol.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum