Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ju-On: The Grudge Chronicle Movie Order

Go down

The Grudge Chronicle Movie Order  Empty Ju-On: The Grudge Chronicle Movie Order

Post by Jason Voorhees February 27th 2024, 9:58 am

Do you want to watch the Ju-On films in order? look no further! as a long-time fan of foreign horror films this is something I love doing even for American films as I've done for the Puppet Master franchise and it's out of order film order! so here is a quick and easy run down! please note I will not be mentioning any of the mangas/comics or the video games!

Original Timeline:

1st Watch: Katasumi and 4444444444 (1998)
2nd Watch: Ju-on: The Curse (2000)
3rd Watch: Ju-on: The Curse 2
4th Watch: Ju-On: White Ghost and Ju-On: Black Ghost (2009) (Debatable)

Reboot Timeline:

1st Watch: Ju-On: The Beginning of the End (2014)
2nd Watch: Ju-On: The Final Curse (2015)

Standalone Film

Sadako vs. Kayako (2016) (Crossover film)

Note:

Ju-On: Origins from 2020 is seen as a Prequel seemingly to the Original Timeline so be aware of this! and as for White and Black Ghost some don't place it in the original timeline BUT it would make sense for other Onryo to exist within this timeframe as it was never stated publically to be a standalone/reboot but if you have sources saying otherwise then sign-up and give me a correction for this as misinformation isn't my purpose.

The Beginning of the End and The Final Curse are tied and aren't in the original timeline as these are their reboots.

Sadako Vs. Kayako is another reboot set in their own timeline as well to make them co-exist properly that's why it's a standalone film.

The American version of these films: The Grudge. The Grudge 1.5, Tales from the Grudge, The Grudge 2, The Grudge 3, and The Grudge (2020) are already in chronological order hence why they aren't listed here!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

The Grudge Chronicle Movie Order  Empty Re: Ju-On: The Grudge Chronicle Movie Order

Post by ThePunisher February 27th 2024, 3:49 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:Do you want to watch the Ju-On films in order? look no further! as a long-time fan of foreign horror films this is something I love doing even for American films as I've done for the Puppet Master franchise and it's out of order film order! so here is a quick and easy run down! please note I will not be mentioning any of the mangas/comics or the video games!

Original Timeline:

Reboot Timeline:

Standalone Film

Note:

Ju-On: Origins from 2020 is seen as a Prequel seemingly to the Original Timeline so be aware of this! and as for White and Black Ghost some don't place it in the original timeline BUT it would make sense for other Onryo to exist within this timeframe as it was never stated publically to be a standalone/reboot but if you have sources saying otherwise then sign-up and give me a correction for this as misinformation isn't my purpose.

The Beginning of the End and The Final Curse are tied and aren't in the original timeline as these are their reboots.

Sadako Vs. Kayako is another reboot set in their own timeline as well to make them co-exist properly that's why it's a standalone film.

The American version of these films: The Grudge. The Grudge 1.5, Tales from the Grudge, The Grudge 2, The Grudge 3, and The Grudge (2020) are already in chronological order hence why they aren't listed here!

I've never seen the foreign version. Is it streaming anywhere?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

The Grudge Chronicle Movie Order  Empty Re: Ju-On: The Grudge Chronicle Movie Order

Post by Jason Voorhees February 27th 2024, 5:13 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:Do you want to watch the Ju-On films in order? look no further! as a long-time fan of foreign horror films this is something I love doing even for American films as I've done for the Puppet Master franchise and it's out of order film order! so here is a quick and easy run down! please note I will not be mentioning any of the mangas/comics or the video games!

Original Timeline:

Reboot Timeline:

Standalone Film

Note:

I've never seen the foreign version.  Is it streaming anywhere?

I believe Shudder and Amazon has them on their services but I think you gotta pay for a few of them.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum