Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horror novels

Go down

Horror novels Empty Horror novels

Post by Ivan1987 April 19th 2024, 7:15 am

Do you own some of the famous horror movie's novels? The stuff that only sells at Amazon for extremely high prices these days. Back in September 2023, there was an article on Bloody Disgusting that they are planning to publish Curtis Richards' Halloween again with shipping starting on January 2024, but I don't think that has truly happened. The new edition was supposed to be named Halloween Illustrated, but I wasn't able to find the book anywhere. I don't think they have ever released it. I even looked for one of the authors, Orlando Arocena, and it showed up nothing.

I own the German editions of the first two Halloween movie novels and then Halloween, Halloween Kills and Halloween Ends. Those three were very easy to get.
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Horror novels Empty Re: Horror novels

Post by Jason Voorhees April 19th 2024, 8:09 am

Ivan1987 wrote:Do you own some of the famous horror movie's novels? The stuff that only sells at Amazon for extremely high prices these days. Back in September 2023, there was an article on Bloody Disgusting that they are planning to publish Curtis Richards' Halloween again with shipping starting on January 2024, but I don't think that has truly happened. The new edition was supposed to be named Halloween Illustrated, but I wasn't able to find the book anywhere. I don't think they have ever released it. I even looked for one of the authors, Orlando Arocena, and it showed up nothing.

I own the German editions of the first two Halloween movie novels and then Halloween, Halloween Kills and Halloween Ends. Those three were very easy to get.

I sadly don't own physical copies only digital I would love to have the physical copies of the Black Flames Friday the 13th series and the Black Flames Jason X "sequels" as well.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 19th 2024, 4:17 pm

I've never been aware o novels about these movies, at least not really. I'd rather watch the movies.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 20th 2024, 4:21 am

ThePunisher wrote:I've never been aware o novels about these movies, at least not really.  I'd rather watch the movies.  

Most of the Novels for Friday the 13th are Non-Canonical unless it's a direct script to novel adaptation.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 April 20th 2024, 12:18 pm

I have a copy of Friday the 13th Part 3 I found at a thirft store and bought for a dollar. I recently looked it up and saw it goes in ebay between $128 to $340. I also have a Halloween III paperback that goes for about $75. I keep both in my gun safe. I've been collecting original paperbacks for decades and have quite a few, including Raiders of the Lost Ark, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Jaws, Willow, 2001, all 3 original Star Wars trilogy, Tron, Blade Runner, and so on
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 20th 2024, 1:40 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:I have a copy of Friday the 13th Part 3 I found at a thirft store and bought for a dollar. I recently looked it up and saw it goes in ebay between $128 to $340. I also have a Halloween III paperback that goes for about $75. I keep both in my gun safe. I've been collecting original paperbacks for decades and have quite a few, including Raiders of the Lost Ark, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Jaws, Willow, 2001, all 3 original Star Wars trilogy, Tron, Blade Runner, and so on

The gun safe seems like a safe place to keep books.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

SonofOdin6039 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 April 20th 2024, 1:44 pm

Lol. Only the ones that have any kind of value. Most of my collection is out in the open.
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan1987 April 20th 2024, 2:51 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:I have a copy of Friday the 13th Part 3 I found at a thirft store and bought for a dollar. I recently looked it up and saw it goes in ebay between $128 to $340. I also have a Halloween III paperback that goes for about $75. I keep both in my gun safe. I've been collecting original paperbacks for decades and have quite a few, including Raiders of the Lost Ark, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Jaws, Willow, 2001, all 3 original Star Wars trilogy, Tron, Blade Runner, and so on
Sounds like a nice collection to me. Where did you get Halloween 3?
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 April 20th 2024, 11:40 pm

Believe it or not, a used book store
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan1987 April 21st 2024, 4:38 am

Sounds like the only option how get them, unless they are released again. Or buy them through the internet, old copies as well.
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum