Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you watch movies?

Go down

How do you watch movies? Empty How do you watch movies?

Post by Ivan1987 April 21st 2024, 4:42 am

When it comes to new movies, I usually go to the cinema. Or I watch a DVD on my computer, I have a pretty large collection (I don't buy new ones anymore). But most of all, I buy movies through Google TV. This has become the most convenient way to get what I want and when I want it. Most of the horror classics are available there! I used to have Netflix and some other streaming services before, but they were too addictive, so I gave it up. I have recently purchased Halloween Kills, Halloween Ends and Scream (2022) on Google TV.

How about you?
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Hiker
Hiker

Back to top Go down

How do you watch movies? Empty Re: How do you watch movies?

Post by ThePunisher April 21st 2024, 6:39 am

Ivan1987 wrote:When it comes to new movies, I usually go to the cinema. Or I watch a DVD on my computer, I have a pretty large collection (I don't buy new ones anymore). But most of all, I buy movies through Google TV. This has become the most convenient way to get what I want and when I want it. Most of the horror classics are available there! I used to have Netflix and some other streaming services before, but they were too addictive, so I gave it up. I have recently purchased Halloween Kills, Halloween Ends and Scream (2022) on Google TV.

How about you?

I always see new movies in the theater, and I see a LOT of movies. I buy the ones I like on DVD, but that takes up space. I'll occasionally watch something on Amazon Prime. I don't think of streaming as being more convenient necessarily.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan1987 April 21st 2024, 10:42 am

Where do you buy DVDs? In Walmart? I think Best Buy got rid of them, I used to buy them over there, when I was in the U.S. long time ago.

Indeed, taking space is an issue. I have therefore decided not buy anything physical anymore and I'm even planning to get an e-book reader soon. Might buy some action figures in future though, they're very easy to place in my room. But not DVDs and books.
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Hiker
Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 21st 2024, 11:48 am

Ivan1987 wrote:Where do you buy DVDs? In Walmart? I think Best Buy got rid of them, I used to buy them over there, when I was in the U.S. long time ago.

Indeed, taking space is an issue. I have therefore decided not buy anything physical anymore and I'm even planning to get an e-book reader soon. Might buy some action figures in future though, they're very easy to place in my room. But not DVDs and books.

I get DVDs from Amazon and FYE. I don't really care too much about taking up space. With books, I prefer to actually hold the book in my hands. But, I may a byproduct of an era that seems to be fading away.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs April 21st 2024, 9:32 pm

i watch alot of older movie so on TCM. I have a bunch of dvd's
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 April 22nd 2024, 11:44 am

I get a lot of DVDs from Mega Replay. With all the streaming, people don't use DVDs as much and occasionally you find a underrated gem. I also peruse through TUBI and Hulu and sometimes find a movie worth a watch. I have six bookshelves filled with them. There are times I will pull out at random and watch it. Last weekend it was Clue
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 22nd 2024, 4:12 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:I get a lot of DVDs from Mega Replay. With all the streaming, people don't use DVDs as much and occasionally you find a underrated gem. I also peruse through TUBI and Hulu and sometimes find a movie worth a watch. I have six bookshelves filled with them. There are times I will pull out at random and watch it. Last weekend it was Clue

Clue as in the game Clue?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 April 23rd 2024, 10:06 am

Clue as in the movie based on the board game Clue, yes. Stars Tim Curry, Michael McKean, Madeline Kahn, Martin Moll, Christopher Lloyd, and a few others. One of the best movies to come out of the 80s
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 24th 2024, 7:52 am

I go between everything...

I've got a very small DVD collection

I go online either buying or for free on Tubi, Netflix, and Crackle.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs April 24th 2024, 12:24 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:I go between everything...

Tubi I great. Pluto is nice as well
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 24th 2024, 5:07 pm

How many streaming services do you have? I'd do more but monthly costs add up.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by mnknut30 May 1st 2024, 3:10 am

order online. Im a fan of Arrow video way more than scream/shout factory these days. My feelings about theaters have changed. I feel like we all have big screen tvs and surround sound. Who wants to pay 75 dollars for two tickets, two things of pop corn and soda? (im exaggerating the price but you know what I mean). Let alone all the people talking and on their phones during the movie. I got a 75 inch tv surround sound..and great speakers. I got the movie experience at home. I do enjoy when movies are released thru streaming. I am fine without the movie theater experience. I know people will frown upon that.. I will only go to a movie theater near me when they are showing old movies on 35 mm.

I got tricked a few years ago that they were going to do the original halloween on 35mm but it ended up being the DVD. BUT last summer they did friday the 13th part 1-4 with 35mm in a small minneapolis local theater and it was one of my favorite times in a long time. People shouting at the screen and cheering.
mnknut30
The Local
The Local

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 1st 2024, 4:19 am

ThePunisher wrote:

For paid? I have friends/family lol I got Peacock, Netflix, and AMC+

For free? Tubi and Crackle.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 1st 2024, 5:49 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:

For paid? I have friends/family lol I got Peacock, Netflix, and AMC+

For free? Tubi and Crackle.

I have Tubi, but since baseball season is here, I'll be spending time at Yankee Stadium watching games. This cuts into my movie time.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan1987 May 2nd 2024, 5:08 am

I hate people interrupting the movie as well, but what I just realized is that if you pick the right theatre and time to watch the movie, you can easily avoid them. That's how it works at my place.
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Hiker
Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 2nd 2024, 4:23 pm

mnknut30 wrote:order online. Im a fan of Arrow video way more than scream/shout factory these days. My feelings about theaters have changed. I feel like we all have big screen tvs and surround sound. Who wants to pay 75 dollars for two tickets, two things of pop corn and soda? (im exaggerating the price but you know what I mean). Let alone all the people talking and on their phones during the movie. I got a 75 inch tv surround sound..and great speakers. I got the movie experience at home. I do enjoy when movies are released thru streaming. I am fine without the movie theater experience. I know people will frown upon that.. I will only go to a movie theater near me when they are showing old movies on 35 mm.

I got tricked a few years ago that they were going to do the original halloween on 35mm but it ended up being the DVD. BUT last summer they did friday the 13th part 1-4 with 35mm in a small minneapolis local theater and it was one of my favorite times in a long time. People shouting at the screen and cheering.

Something I've noticed in movie theaters is parents bringing their kids with light up shoes. It's like seeing cars with lights rotating around the license plate. I know why that happens, but it can distract people.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum