Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CampBlood.net forums

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

CampBlood.net forums Empty CampBlood.net forums

Post by Michael Varn June 28th 2023, 3:18 pm

This message has nothing to do with "Friday the 13th" content, so I hope I am posting in the right place.

Does anyone remember, or were you a member of the CampBlood.net forums?

They were online one day, but gone the next.

That was when I discovered these forums.

The Lady who owned these forums posted frequently along with her moderators.

She hinted that she was losing interest, and wanted to get rid of them.

The question is, did she try to sell these forums before they were taken off the internet?

If so, I am surprised that she could not find a buyer.

I guess if the owner of these forums had purchased them, they could have been merged with this website.

How much does it actually cost to purchase an established forum with message boards?

Stranger
Stranger

Back to top Go down

CampBlood.net forums Empty Re: CampBlood.net forums

Post by Jason Voorhees June 30th 2023, 4:29 am

I heard alot about CampBlood prior to me signing up in 2016 and then making this forum in 2017.

A merger could have been possible but I don't believe the hosted website would be able to retrieve any messages the way it did due to CSS/Javascript Coding but given that place has a tricky history I would have avoided a merger in respect to people's experiences.

To purchasing a forum it takes alot of value factors:

Members Count
The Genre
The Activity

Some could sell up to $1,500 or more depending on the overall factors listed above.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 30th 2023, 7:05 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:I heard alot about CampBlood prior to me signing up in 2016 and then making this forum in 2017.

A merger could have been possible but I don't believe the hosted website would be able to retrieve any messages the way it did due to CSS/Javascript Coding but given that place has a tricky history I would have avoided a merger in respect to people's experiences.

Members Count
The Genre
The Activity

Some could sell up to $1,500 or more depending on the overall factors listed above.

I agree it would have been tricky. For what it's worth, this forum is healthy and vibrant, but that's enough said on the subject.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 30th 2023, 8:02 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:I heard alot about CampBlood prior to me signing up in 2016 and then making this forum in 2017.

Members Count
The Genre
The Activity

I agree it would have been tricky.  For what it's worth, this forum is healthy and vibrant, but that's enough said on the subject.  

Thank you my friend!!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs July 8th 2023, 1:55 pm

I was a member of it. Had lots of posts on there

Sad to see it's gone but oh well

This is a good site
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees July 8th 2023, 6:46 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:I was a member of it. Had lots of posts on there

Sad to see it's gone but oh well

This is a good site

Thank you for the kind words! 🙏🏻
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Knutson July 9th 2023, 3:40 pm

I was great friends for years with the owner. Kathrine. (my username was mnknut22) We ended up having a huge falling out and I haven't talked to her in over a year and a half. I made the mistake of being all angry and resentful and went on other forums posting about her issues and why the site is down. So out of respect because I feel horrible about my own behavior there, I'll keep it short and sweet and nothing too personal here.

About two years ago she was going through some seriously hard times in her life and While i asked her many times If I could either buy the site from her or pay for the fee to keep it up. She declined for whatever reason. I believe at heart she kind of gave up on it. She had been running campblood.net since the middle to late 90s. (She actually ran several sites at once at one point. Shriversofhorror.com being another and a Halloween fansite) I think she pretty much was done with it and honestly thats a long time to be running a site. The domain is owned by the company that she bought it from. So it pretty much sits in dorment and even if she was to pay to get it back it doesn't sound like she would get everything back at least from what she last told me.

So unfortunately R.I.P Campblood.net. It was a great place for a long time but it ended up turning into DRAMA central at the end and some of that was a mix of her, me and several of our other friends that we were all close with at one point. Spent alot of time on the phone with her for years. I do miss our friendship because at heart shes a good person but towards the end of the site things got really bad.

I hope that helps.
Luke Knutson
Luke Knutson
Stranger
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 9th 2023, 5:13 pm

Luke Knutson wrote:I was great friends for years with the owner. Kathrine. (my username was mnknut22) We ended up having a huge falling out and I haven't talked to her in over a year and a half. I made the mistake of being all angry and resentful and went on other forums posting about her issues and why the site is down. So out of respect because I feel horrible about my own behavior there, I'll keep it short and sweet and nothing too personal here.

About two years ago she was going through some seriously hard times in her life and While i asked her many times If I could either buy the site from her or pay for the fee to keep it up. She declined for whatever reason. I believe at heart she kind of gave up on it. She had been running campblood.net since the middle to late 90s. (She actually ran several sites at once at one point. Shriversofhorror.com being another and a Halloween fansite) I think she pretty much was done with it and honestly thats a long time to be running a site. The domain is owned by the company that she bought it from. So it pretty much sits in dorment and even if she was to pay to get it back it doesn't sound like she would get everything back at least from what she last told me.

So unfortunately R.I.P Campblood.net. It was a great place for a long time but it ended up turning into DRAMA central at the end and some of that was a mix of her, me and several of our other friends that we were all close with at one point. Spent alot of time on the phone with her for years. I do miss our friendship because at heart shes a good person but towards the end of the site things got really bad.

I hope that helps.

I appreciate your perspective. I remember there seemed to be a falling out here and there a few years before the site closed down. I was part of a falling out. I was very friendly with a guy who went by the username Jet ( or The Jet, something like that ). One day, there was a huge song and dance about how Jet was banned for all sorts of strange reasons. Kat was EXTREMELY angry with Jet. I contacted Jet privately by email, and he explained there was some sort of a joke Kat took the wrong way. I don't remember the joke, but it was no big deal. The next thing I knew, I was on the wrong end of anger, and there was a newer member coming at me with attitude. It turns out this member was a close ally of Kat and was using the online bully pulpit to get me off the site, or at least, seriously reduce my presence. Several other members were sympathetic to me because I asked them privately if they knew what was going on. It got the to point where I hadn't been on the site for about 2 years when I found out it was closed.

I ran into Jet on another website dedicated to all things Friday the 13th, and he gave it up because he was just too busy at his job. I haven't heard from him since. I miss him a LOT.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Knutson July 9th 2023, 11:07 pm

She had the ability to look through peoples private messages and e-mails ( on the campblood account) if I recall and she would do that all the time. It got one of my previous accounts banned and then unbanned.
Luke Knutson
Luke Knutson
Stranger
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees July 10th 2023, 3:46 am

Luke Knutson wrote:She had the ability to look through peoples private messages and e-mails ( on the campblood account) if I recall and she would do that all the time.  It got one of my previous accounts banned and then unbanned.

I have some access to accounts but I don't have THAT sorta accessibility and that's honestly a invasion of privacy.

Private Message aka DMs need to be secure and private between members unless something happens ofcourse.

Wow that's just wow!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 10th 2023, 6:49 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
Luke Knutson wrote:She had the ability to look through peoples private messages and e-mails ( on the campblood account) if I recall and she would do that all the time.  It got one of my previous accounts banned and then unbanned.

I have some access to accounts but I don't have THAT sorta accessibility and that's honestly a invasion of privacy.

Private Message aka DMs need to be secure and private between members unless something happens ofcourse.

Wow that's just wow!

I sense control issues!!!! but that may be wrong. I guess Kat took the power seriously.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees July 10th 2023, 9:15 am

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Wow that's just wow!

I sense control issues!!!! but that may be wrong.  I guess Kat took the power seriously.

That's honestly power abuse because if she didn't get direct permission/consent to look at people's private messages that is a invasion of Members and Administration.

I can't access any members PMs.

I can change Usernames, Passwords, and Emails.

(Users are given a major indication of a change like a Email about the changes.)

But I can't access DMs or other private stuff at all like YIKES.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Knutson July 10th 2023, 12:36 pm

In movie nights in her chat. She would be talking to a lot of people but if two people she got into a fight stopped talking in the chat. She would go to their PM's and read everything they were saying. Then she would either call them out in chat or permanently ban their IP address immediately.
Luke Knutson
Luke Knutson
Stranger
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Knutson July 10th 2023, 12:43 pm

I sense control issues!!!! but that may be wrong.  I guess Kat took the power seriously.

She absolutely 100 percent did. She even tried to claim jason fury at fridaythe13thfranchise.com stole all her designs, layouts and took all of her material claiming copyright infringements. Which would make me laugh considering the source of the website is all copywritten material.  She would start trash with other website owners back in the day as well.
Jason Conquers was one of them I believe.  Control issues 100% and yes abuse of power and administration for sure. Thats why the site eventually became a ghost town for at least 4-5 years. The occasional friday the 13th marathon would happen once a year and people would come in.. but the last few years of it operating hardly anyone was there anymore because of the drama.
Luke Knutson
Luke Knutson
Stranger
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Knutson July 10th 2023, 12:49 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
Luke Knutson wrote:I was great friends for years with the owner. Kathrine. (my username was mnknut22) We ended up having a huge falling out and I haven't talked to her in over a year and a half. I made the mistake of being all angry and resentful and went on other forums posting about her issues and why the site is down. So out of respect because I feel horrible about my own behavior there, I'll keep it short and sweet and nothing too personal here.

I hope that helps.

I appreciate your perspective. I remember there seemed to be a falling out here and there a few years before the site closed down. I was part of a falling out. I was very friendly with a guy who went by the username Jet ( or The Jet, something like that ). One day, there was a huge song and dance about how Jet was banned for all sorts of strange reasons. Kat was EXTREMELY angry with Jet. I contacted Jet privately by email, and he explained there was some sort of a joke Kat took the wrong way. I don't remember the joke, but it was no big deal. The next thing I knew, I was on the wrong end of anger, and there was a newer member coming at me with attitude. It turns out this member was a close ally of Kat and was using the online bully pulpit to get me off the site, or at least, seriously reduce my presence. Several other members were sympathetic to me because I asked them privately if they knew what was going on. It got the to point where I hadn't been on the site for about 2 years when I found out it was closed.

I ran into Jet on another website dedicated to all things Friday the 13th, and he gave it up because he was just too busy at his job. I haven't heard from him since. I miss him a LOT.

"and there was a newer member coming at me with attitude." Most likely another old friend of mine that did this. His name was Greg. FridayFan13 or something like that. Me and him were really close at one point. Sending christmas cards in the mail, were planning to meet up eventually. But he snapped on me for the dumbest shit. He messaged me about the jamie lee curtis snubbing Danielle Harris last year and I told my honest opinion of two people I do not know. I just said "I think both her and scout are acting a little babyish about this because why would Jamie know them? I doubt jamie would care to watch the sequels shes not in. So of course she doesn't know who they are"

Never have a seen a grown man turn into a man child within two seconds. Her and Him were two argumentative people at Camp Blood. They created ALOT of issues between people.
Luke Knutson
Luke Knutson
Stranger
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Varn July 10th 2023, 1:54 pm

I am the OP of this thread.

Apparently, I have created a monster here!

I had no idea that CampBlood.net would generate this much interest and traffic.

Good information though.

Stranger
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 11th 2023, 6:52 am

Luke Knutson wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:

I hope that helps.

"and there was a newer member coming at me with attitude." Most likely another old friend of mine that did this. His name was Greg. FridayFan13 or something like that. Me and him were really close at one point. Sending christmas cards in the mail, were planning to meet up eventually. But he snapped on me for the dumbest shit. He messaged me about the jamie lee curtis snubbing Danielle Harris last year and I told my honest opinion of two people I do not know. I just said "I think both her and scout are acting a little babyish about this because why would Jamie know them? I doubt jamie would care to watch the sequels shes not in. So of course she doesn't know who they are"

Never have a seen a grown man turn into a man child within two seconds. Her and Him were two argumentative people at Camp Blood. They created ALOT of issues between people.

The member that came at me went under the name BJBetty, taking from the part 4 character. Kat made this person a moderator after being a member a short time and only having 85-100 posts. Kat wrote that she liked moderators to have been around for a length of time and had a lot of posts, but whatever.

I can see where you're coming from in your posts here.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Knutson July 11th 2023, 1:00 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
Luke Knutson wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:

I hope that helps.

The member that came at me went under the name BJBetty, taking from the part 4 character. Kat made this person a moderator after being a member a short time and only having 85-100 posts. Kat wrote that she liked moderators to have been around for a length of time and had a lot of posts, but whatever.

OH BJbetty. Im pretty sure that was either her neice or her alter ago. Because Kat had like 6 different accounts on there and sometimes would be on multiple accounts at once. Yeah a lot of piling on bs going there. Im in some ways glad that the site is gone.
Luke Knutson
Luke Knutson
Stranger
Stranger

ThePunisher and William Munny also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 11th 2023, 6:27 pm

Luke Knutson wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
Luke Knutson wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:

I hope that helps.

OH BJbetty. Im pretty sure that was either her neice or her alter ago. Because Kat had like 6 different accounts on there and sometimes would be on multiple accounts at once. Yeah a lot of piling on bs going there. Im in some ways glad that the site is gone.

Hearing that makes it seem all that much weirder. I'm also glad the site is gone.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Varn July 11th 2023, 8:35 pm

Campblood.net may have been taken off the internet, but anyone here who is tech savvy knows that nothing on the internet is ever truly deleted, unless they used some kind of program like "Bleach Bit".

Campblood.net is still floating around out there in cyberspace.

And like Jason Voorhees, Campblood.net is dormant.

And it can stay that way for a very long time.

But just like Jason Voorhees, it can pop up anywhere at anytime!

LOL!

Stranger
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees July 12th 2023, 8:08 am

Michael Varn wrote:I am the OP of this thread.

Apparently, I have created a monster here!

I had no idea that CampBlood.net would generate this much interest and traffic.

Good information though.

It's always best to air things out, personally this website promotes Freedom of Speech.

The only thing we ask is mutual respect.

My staff team is absolutely small for right now but as it says in our Staff section where Members can't access/read any private stuff us staff discuss there and guidelines and a standard we all follow even me.

Instance?

I put it in place who starts it gets the punishment because this isn't "School" we don't punish someone who was innocent when someone else is the issue.

Another example?

We give 3 Pre-Warnings or aka 3 Strikes before an official Ban is sentence.

Each rule has specific criterias for how people are banned.

I even promote that my Admins give notes to their profiles of prior situations to keep tabs on them as Members can't see the notes but us Admins/Moderators can.

We can be open about stuff absolutely but it depends on the severity of the bans.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

ThePunisher and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia July 13th 2023, 11:44 pm

Just really sad that site went down but she didn’t seem to be interested sometimes in keeping it around. I’m glad to be here though. This is a great site and I love being here.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 14th 2023, 7:00 am

Trekapedia wrote:Just really sad that site went down but she didn’t seem to be interested sometimes in keeping it around. I’m glad to be here though. This is a great site and I love being here.

I remember she made an announcement that she wanted to sell the site for $6000, but nothing came of it. I was actually thinking about taking her up on it, contacted her, and NEVER HEARD BACK!!!!
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees July 14th 2023, 3:49 pm

Trekapedia wrote:Just really sad that site went down but she didn’t seem to be interested sometimes in keeping it around. I’m glad to be here though. This is a great site and I love being here.

Thank you for the kind words! 🙏🏻
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by William Munny January 26th 2024, 5:41 pm

Luke Knutson wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
Luke Knutson wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:

I hope that helps.

Using multiple accounts/screen names was always a huge issue there. It was obvious from the start. Most of these accounts were used to create drama. The site was not as active as it appeared on the surface. It's why I never donated money when she would beg members for money. As someone who ran forums in the past, I knew it cost peanuts to run a site that small. She couldn't fool me.

I was a long time member but posted sporadically. I'd post for a month or two, leave for a year or two, repeat cycle. There was a round of drama around 2016-17 that turned me off permanently to the forum.

I don't remember their names but they were two of the most active forum members...a male and a female. Come to find out, one guy was running both accounts. I think drama with Kat led to this con being exposed. This person fled the forum. While the handful of members were posting about this drama, I noticed something else...more than two accounts had went dormant. I realized this person had really been juggling 5-6 accounts. I also realized that for the scam to have lasted years, Kat had to have either been in on it from the start or knew about it but didn't tell because it brought activity to the forum.

Either way, it was the last straw.

You guys sensed power/control issues. I sensed drug addiction. I always believed the donation drives were helping finance her addictions.

Either way, it was sad to see the longest running F13 site turned into a bad sitcom and to just die like that. On the other hand, it's a miracle it didn't happen years earlier than it did.

It was a great forum on the surface that should've been better but it was completely mismanaged, treated like it was second rate, and its fate was inevitable.

I am surprised it never returned, with or without Kat.

Will Munny : That's right.
William Munny
William Munny
Town Resident
Town Resident

http://www.gnrevolution.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum